Sunday, January 25, 2015

Eighteenth Week of School! - Blog #30

Like always, anything that has a link (video, song, website) will be in the post. I also put asterisk notes for clarification. Here you go.

My schedule: Science, Math, Project Lead The Way (Day 1), Student Aid (Day 2), Honors Language Arts, Social Studies


1/20/15----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Science
We are learning about meiosis
Not cool! Now we are using math in Science!

Project Lead The Way
Supposedly, we will run out of oil in 2050
I bet that we will have electric cars by then, and have solar energy or something

Honors Language Arts
We are learning about some people from the holocaust, and these stories are sad and kind of creepy
Apparently, Storm troopers and Darth Vader are based off of Nazis and Hitler
The Star Wars I knew is no more... : (

Social Studies
We have a lot of work, but for some reason I am extremely satisfied with my speed and quality of my work today
Hmm...

1/21/15----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Science
FUN FACT #10: Humans share 60% of their DNA with a banana
We had to make smiley face babies based on coin flips: 


Student Aid
So bored!!!
We rarely ever have work to do
On the upside, I get to go to the library a lot
One librarian I actually know really well and she knows me
She even remembers the last book I asked for so she can recommend new books or can put the next book in a series on hold quickly

1/22/15----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Project Lead The Way
We get to use brand new computers! The rest of the school has computers from like 5 years ago, maybe even more

Honors Language Arts
We are going to be reading the play of The Diary of Anne Frank
I did not know that Natalie Portman played Anne in a live performance
The whole class gasped when we found out

1/23/15----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Science
We got Spring Pictures for 'graduates' today
It is just Jr. High people!
Math
I finished the quiz today quickly, so I spent 45 minutes playing Minecraft while listening to my music

Student Aid
YES! Lots of work and things to do!

Honors Language Arts
We got to take a VR tour of Anne Frank's hideout LINK

And that was this week! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment